September 16, 2008
Lights Out!
The remnants of Hurricane Ike surprised us with a severe windstorm on Sunday afternoon. Nobody anticipated the 75 mph wind gusts that uprooted trees, damaged homes, and left 500,000 in the tri-state area without power.... including us, our friends, and our family. I'll be back online when our power is up! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gosh! Hard to believe Ike made it that far and has affected so many people. Go to a hotel...
Sydney,
I don't really understand aunt Brooke's thinking...i don't think hotels would have power EITHER!! She's probaly just having a 30th moment. Glad everybody is o.k. Love and miss you much!!!!
Hope your power is up soon! Then your mommy can show you the "I have power!!!!" dance :)
I still haven't heard from my Houston friends. Amazing that stupid 'ol Ike caused so much damage for such a long distance. Hope your power is back on now. We are so dependent on electricity.
Post a Comment